CFE Prep registration for the September 2017 CFE is now open. For a comparison of the online versus on-site course offerings, click here.
Toronto - August 4 - 8, 2017
Experienced Writers - August 4 - 8, 2017
CFE Prep Online (with marking) is SOLD OUT. Alternatives include the CFE Prep Online (No Marking) course, or the CFE Prep Onsite (Toronto August course). For more details on these alternatives, please click here.
This is a comprehensive program for experienced CFE writers that encompasses all of the components we believe you will need to pass the CFE. It includes five days of in-class case-based training and supplemental online sessions. The onsite portion of the course will run from August 4-8, 2017 in Toronto (location Ryerson University, Ted Rogers School of Management).
The program also includes practice cases for the pre-summer period to refresh case-writing skills prior to the course as well as all necessary practice cases to complete the recommended study plan after the in-class component. All practice cases include full marking guides, marker grids, and online walkthroughs to show you writing examples and the recommended approach. Practice cases during the in-class session will be marked.
At Densmore. we consider the quality of our cases and marking to be our key strength. We invest hundreds of hours each year in understanding the CFE methodology, trends and expectations, and preparing our cases, so that our program reflects what you would expect to see on this year’s CFE.
This is a license for a single user.
This program gives you approach strategies and skills development for all three days of the CFE.
- Five days of in-class sessions running from August 4-8, 2017 in Toronto (location Ryerson University, Ted Rogers School of Management)
If you are unable to attend onsite in Toronto for August 4th to 8th, you can instead attend onsite in Calgary (July 12 - 16), Toronto (July 12 - 16), Edmonton (July 15 - 19), Halifax (July 15 - 19) or Vancouver (SOLD OUT) by contacting Kathy directly.
- Online sessions for viewing prior to the in-class sessions relating to required and role identification, appendix analysis, quantitative analysis, etc.
- Supplemental online depth session specific to your Day 2 role case
- Three Densmore original CFE Day 2 cases
- Nine Densmore original CFE Day 3 cases
- Marking for one CFE Day 2 role case and three CFE Day 3 cases (those written during the course) are included with feedback from experienced markers on approach, writing style and suggestions on how to improve based on your responses
- Online walkthrough sessions for all practice cases by experienced Densmore lecturers to demonstrate how to write with the appropriate level of breadth and depth
- Hardcopy of all course slides and materials, including scenario flowcharts for commonly tested topics
- Study and technical review plans
- Experienced writers’ forum to post questions and get answers from Densmore coaches, and regular postings by Densmore lecturers to help keep you on track
- Densmore prepared marker grids / debriefing guides for the 2015 and 2016 CFEs
In-class hours are approximately 9am to 5pm each day. Students have the option to attend onsite or view sessions online.
Online access will be available until September 15, 2017.
Total course fees are $1,399 + tax.
For our refund policy, click here.
Looking for a technical resource? Consider our CPA Competency Map Study Notes.
We are offering a discount of $200 + tax to anyone attending the course who was unsuccessful at Day 2 and 3, but passed Day 1 on a previous CFE. If this applies to you, please register normally and then send a copy of your CFE results to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When your course fees are paid in full, we will process the refund directly through your original method of payment. There will be a half day lecture during the course directly related to Day 1 that you will not need to attend.