Register now for one of our CFE Prep courses (onsite or online). For more information regarding online vs. onsite options, click here.
Onsite Locations and Dates
Vancouver, Halifax - July 11-15, 2018
Toronto, Calgary - July 14-18, 2018
Edmonton, Ottawa - July 25-29, 2018
Toronto - August 2-6, 2018
Online Practice Case Submission Options
July 7-22, 2018
July 21-August 5, 2018
August 4-19, 2018
CFE Prep is a program tailored for experienced CFE writers that encompasses the components we believe you need to pass the CFE. It includes five days of onsite or online case-based training (you will pick your onsite location or online timeslot when you checkout) and supplemental online sessions to be viewed prior to the course.
The program also includes practice cases for the pre-course period to refresh case-writing skills as well as practice cases to help you complete the recommended study plan after the course. All practice cases include full marking guides, marker grids, and online walkthroughs to show you writing examples and the recommended approach. Practice cases during the course will be marked.
At Densmore, we consider the quality of our cases and marking to be our key strength. We invest hundreds of hours each year in understanding the CFE methodology, trends and expectations, and preparing our cases, so that our program reflects what you would expect to see on this year’s CFE.
This is a license for a single user.
This program gives you approach strategies and skills development for all three days of the CFE.
- Five days of onsite or online sessions (Onsite Locations – Toronto (July or August), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Ottawa; Online Practice Case Submission Options - July 7-22, July 21-August 5, August 4-19)
- Online sessions covering initial skills review (how to update technical, understand role and required, appendix and quantitative analysis skills)
- 13 skill drills to test your technical knowledge in quantitative analysis
- Online depth session specific to your Day 2 role case
- One Densmore original CFE Day 1 case (based on your Capstone 1 case)
- Three Densmore original CFE Day 2 cases
- Nine Densmore original CFE Day 3 cases
- Marking for one 2018 CFE Day 2 role case and three 2018 CFE Day 3 cases (those written during the course) with feedback from experienced markers on approach, writing style and suggestions on how to improve based on your responses
- Online walkthrough sessions for all practice cases by experienced Densmore lecturers to demonstrate how to write with the appropriate level of breadth and depth
- Hardcopy of all course notes, exam booklets and related materials, as well as a hardcopy book of scenario flowcharts for commonly tested topics
- Study and technical review plans
- Experienced writers’ forum to post questions and get answers from Densmore coaches, and regular postings by Densmore lecturers to help keep you on track
- At onsite locations, experienced writers Q&A session as an opportunity to ask questions and get information on how to approach the CFE as an experienced writer
- Densmore prepared marker grids / debriefing guides for the 2015-2017 CFEs
Onsite hours are approximately 9am to 5pm each day. Candidates have the option to attend onsite or view sessions online. Online users must pick one of three time slots for marking of the in-course practice cases (July 7-22, July 21 - August 5, August 4-19). All users (both online and onsite) have full online access to all sessions until September 14, 2018. For the difference between the online and onsite courses, click here.
Total course fees are $1,399 + tax. A deposit of $300 can be made to reserve your spot, with final payment due by June 15th. The deposit is non-refundable after the pre-course resources are made available in early March.
For our refund policy, click here.
Looking for a technical resource? Consider our CPA Competency Map Study Notes.
We are offering a discount of $200 + tax to anyone attending the course who passed Day 1 on a previous CFE. If this applies to you, please register normally and then send a copy of your CFE results to us at email@example.com. When your course fees are paid in full, we will process the refund directly through your original method of payment. There will be a half day lecture during the course directly related to Day 1 that you will not need to attend.
Marking guides and marker grids for Experienced Writer pre-course practice cases.