Pick the CFE Prep option that is best for you - online or onsite. For more information on the differences between our onsite and online courses, click here.
Vancouver, Halifax, Waterloo - July 10 to 14, 2019
Calgary, Toronto - July 13 to 17, 2019
Edmonton, Ottawa - July 24 to 28, 2019
Toronto (Weekend) - July 27 to 28 and August 3 to 5, 2019
Toronto (August) - August 1 to 5, 2019
Cases used as part of the CFE Prep course must be written and submitted for marking no later than the dates listed.
Option 1 - July 15, 18, 27 and August 3, 2019 *This option is recommended for candidates taking Capstone 2.
Option 2 - August 3, 5, 10, 17, 2019 *This option is recommended for candidates not taking Capstone 2 OR candidates who are off work during Capstone 2.
If you cannot meet these deadlines, we recommend our CFE Prep Online - No Marking course.
Writing Day 1 Only?
Consider our CFE Day 1 Only online course, found here.
CFE Prep is a program for first time CFE writers. It provides excellence in teaching that candidates have consistently rated as the best they have ever experienced. There are five days of online case-based training (you will pick your online timeslot for writing and submitting your cases for marking when you checkout) and supplemental online sessions to be viewed prior to the course to assist you with Capstone 1.
This program gives you approach strategies and skills development for all three days of the CFE. All practice cases include full marking guides, marker grids, and online walkthroughs to show you writing examples and the recommended approach. Practice cases written during the course will be marked.
At Densmore, we consider the quality of our cases and marking to be our key strength. We invest hundreds of hours each year in understanding the CFE methodology, trends and expectations, and preparing our cases, so that our program reflects what you would expect to see on this year’s CFE.
This is a license for a single user.
This program gives you approach strategies and skills development for all three days of the CFE.
- Five days of online sessions (available in early July)
- Pre-course online sessions to help prepare you for Capstone 1
- 13 skill drills to test your technical knowledge in quantitative analysis
- Online depth session specific to your Day 2 role case
- One Densmore original CFE Day 1 case (based on your Capstone 1 case)
- Two Densmore original CFE Day 2 cases
- Six Densmore original CFE Day 3 cases
- Marking for one CFE Day 2 role case and three CFE Day 3 cases (those written and submitted during the main CFE Prep course) with feedback from experienced markers on approach, writing style and suggestions on how to improve based on your responses
- Hard copy of all course notes and exam booklets and related materials, including a hard copy book of scenario flowcharts for commonly tested topics
- Study and technical review plans
- Candidates’ forum to post questions and get answers from Densmore coaches, and regular postings by Densmore lecturers to help keep you on track
Online users must pick one of two options for writing and submitting the main CFE Prep course practice cases for marking. Option 1 has submission dates of July 15, 18, 27 and August 3, 2019. Option 2 has submission dates of August 3, 5, 10 and 17, 2019. We recommend option 1 for candidates taking Capstone 2. We recommend Option 2 for candidates not taking Capstone 2, or candidates who are off work during Capstone 2. Responses must be submitted for each case by these deadlines or the cases will not be marked. If you cannot meet the deadlines for either option, we recommend our online no marking course.
All users (both online and onsite) have full online access to all sessions until September 13, 2019. For the difference between the online and onsite courses, click here.
Total course fees are $1,449 + tax. Course fees may be paid in full upon registration, or a deposit of $300 may be made to reserve your spot. Final payment will be required by June 15, 2019.
For our refund policy, click here.
Looking for a technical resource? Consider our CPA Competency Map Study Notes.