Pick the CFE Prep option that is best for you - online or onsite. For more information on the differences between our onsite and online courses, click here.
Vancouver, Halifax, Waterloo - July 10 to 14, 2019
Calgary, Toronto - July 13 to 17, 2019
Edmonton, Ottawa - July 24 to 28, 2019
Toronto (Weekend) - July 27 to 28 and August 3 to 5, 2019
Toronto (August) - August 1 to 5, 2019
Cases used as part of the CFE Prep course must be written and submitted for marking no later than the dates listed.
Option 1 - July 15, 18, 27 and August 3, 2019 *This option is recommended for candidates taking Capstone 2.
Option 2 - August 3, 5, 10, 17, 2019 *This option is recommended for candidates not taking Capstone 2 OR candidates who are off work during Capstone 2.
If you cannot meet these deadlines, we recommend our CFE Prep Online - No Marking course.
Writing Day 1 Only?
Consider our CFE Day 1 Only online course, found here.
CFE Prep is a program tailored for experienced CFE writers (candidates who have written the CFE in a prior year) that encompasses the components we believe you need to pass the CFE. It includes five days of onsite case-based training (you will pick your onsite location when you checkout) and supplemental online sessions to be viewed prior to the course.
The program also includes practice cases for the pre-course period to refresh case-writing skills as well as practice cases to help you complete the recommended study plan after the course. All practice cases include full marking guides, marker grids, and online walkthroughs to show you writing examples and the recommended approach. The four practice cases written during the onsite course will be marked.
At Densmore, we consider the quality of our cases and marking to be our key strength. We invest hundreds of hours each year in understanding the CFE methodology, trends and expectations, and preparing our cases, so that our program reflects what you would expect to see on this year’s CFE.
This is a license for a single user.
This program gives you approach strategies and skills development for all three days of the CFE. Please review this introductory session to determine which course is right for you.
- Five days of onsite sessions (Calgary, Halifax, Edmonton, Toronto (3 choices), Ottawa, Vancouver, Waterloo)
- Online sessions covering initial skills review (how to update technical, understand role and required, appendix and quantitative analysis skills)
- 13 skill drills to test your technical knowledge in quantitative analysis
- Online depth session specific to your Day 2 role case
- One Densmore original CFE Day 1 case (based on your Capstone 1 case)
- Three Densmore original CFE Day 2 cases
- Nine Densmore original CFE Day 3 cases
- Marking for one 2019 CFE Day 2 role case and three 2019 CFE Day 3 cases (those written during the course) with feedback from experienced markers on approach, writing style and suggestions on how to improve based on your responses
- Hard copy of all course notes, exam booklets and related materials, as well as a hard copy book of scenario flowcharts for commonly tested topics
- Study and technical review plans
- Experienced writers’ forum to post questions and get answers from Densmore coaches, and regular postings by Densmore lecturers to help keep you on track
- Densmore prepared marker grids / debriefing guides for the 2015-2018 CFEs
Onsite hours are approximately 9am to 5pm each day. Candidates can view sessions online at a later date if needed. All users have full online access to all sessions until September 13, 2019. For the difference between the online and onsite courses, click here.
Total course fees are $1,449 + tax. Course fees may be paid in full upon registration, or a deposit of $300 may be made to reserve your spot. Final payment will be required by June 15, 2019.
For our refund policy, click here.
Looking for a technical resource? Consider our CPA Competency Map Study Notes.
We are offering a discount of $200 + tax to anyone attending the course who passed Day 1 on a previous CFE. If this applies to you, please register normally and then send a copy of your CFE results to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When your course fees are paid in full, we will process the refund directly through your original method of payment. There will be a half day lecture during the course directly related to Day 1 that you will not need to attend.