The CFE Prep course for the May 2021 CFE will be offered online only.
If you select the CFE Prep with marking course, cases used as part of the CFE Prep course must be written and submitted for marking by the following deadlines: March 26, 28, 30 and April 10, 2021.
If you will not be able to meet these deadlines, we recommend our CFE Prep - No Marking course.
Writing Day 1 Only?
Consider our CFE Day 1 Only course, found here.
CFE Prep is a program tailored for experienced CFE writers (candidates who have written the CFE in a prior year) that encompasses the components we believe you need to pass the CFE. It includes online case-based training and supplemental online sessions to be viewed prior to the course.
The program also includes practice cases for the pre-course period to refresh case-writing skills as well as practice cases to help you complete the recommended study plan after the course. All practice cases include full marking guides, marker grids, and online walkthroughs to show you writing examples and the recommended approach.
At Densmore, we consider the quality of our cases and marking to be our key strength. We invest hundreds of hours each year in understanding the CFE methodology, trends and expectations, and preparing our cases, so that our program reflects what you would expect to see on this year’s CFE.
This is a license for a single user.
- CFE Prep online sessions; as well as webinars spaced throughout April and May to answer questions and discuss CFE Success Tips
- Pre-course online sessions covering initial skills review (how to update technical, understand role and required, appendix and quantitative analysis skills)
- Skill drills to review your technical knowledge in quantitative analysis
- Online depth session specific to your Day 2 role case
- One Densmore original CFE Day 1 case (based on your Capstone 1 case)
- Two Densmore original CFE Day 2 cases
- Nine Densmore original CFE Day 3 cases
- Hard copy workbook of scenario flowcharts for commonly tested topics. All other course materials, except for marking guides, will be distributed electronically.
- Study plans
- Experienced writers’ forum to post questions and get answers from Densmore coaches, and regular postings by Densmore lecturers to help keep you on track
- Densmore prepared marker grids / debriefing guides for the 2015-2020 CFEs
All users have full online access to the May 2021 course materials until you are successful on the CFE.
Total course fees are $1,169 + tax. A $300 deposit is required to secure your registration. Final payment will be due by March 15, 2021.
For our refund policy, click here.
Looking for a technical resource? Consider our CPA Competency Map Study Notes.
Already passed CFE Day 1? We offer a discount of $200 + tax. If this applies to you, please register as usual and then send a copy of your CFE results to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will adjust your balance owing by the discount or, refund your credit card if course fees have been paid in full. There will be sessions included in the course directly related to Day 1 that you will not need to participate in.
Unsuccessful on only CFE Day 1? If you’ve taken our CFE Prep course in the prior offering, we will provide you with access to the CFE Prep Day 1 only course at no charge. Email us at email@example.com and include a copy of your CFE results to request registration in our CFE Prep Day 1 only course.
Unsuccessful on CFE and rewriting Days 2 & 3 or all three days? If you’ve taken our CFE Prep course in the prior offering, you have the following options:
1. Request an extension in your online access for the CFE Prep course that you previously registered for, at no charge. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your CFE results to request an extension.
2. Register for our current CFE Prep course, including updated materials and cases, with a discount of 20% + tax. (If you’re only rewriting CFE Days 2 & 3, you’ll receive both the CFE Day 1 discount of $200 + tax as well as the 20% + tax discount.) If this applies to you, please register as usual and then send a copy of your CFE results to us at email@example.com. We will adjust your balance owing by the discount or, refund your credit card if course fees have been paid in full.