Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation we have moved all of our onsite CFE Prep courses to an online format only for 2020.
Cases used as part of the CFE Prep course must be written and submitted for marking no later than the following dates:
Option 1 - Taking Capstone 2 - July 9, 13, 22 and 25 - SOLD OUT
Option 2 - Not Taking Capstone 2 - July 19 and 26, and August 2 and 3
Option 3 - Taking Capstone 2 - July 21 and 25, and August 1 and 11
If you cannot meet these deadlines, we recommend our CFE Prep Online - No Marking course.
You can register for Option 2 (Not Taking Capstone 2) up to July 17th, and Option 3 (Taking Capstone 2 - July 20 start) up to July 19th, as long as there is still space available in the course, which is determined by marking capacity.
Writing Day 1 Only?
Consider our CFE Day 1 Only online course, found here.
CFE Prep is a program tailored for experienced CFE writers (candidates who have written the CFE in a prior year) that encompasses the components we believe you need to pass the CFE. It includes online case-based training and supplemental online sessions to be viewed prior to the course.
The program also includes practice cases for the pre-course period to refresh case-writing skills as well as practice cases to help you complete the recommended study plan after the course. All practice cases include full marking guides, marker grids, and online walkthroughs to show you writing examples and the recommended approach. The four practice cases written as part of the course will be marked.
At Densmore, we consider the quality of our cases and marking to be our key strength. We invest hundreds of hours each year in understanding the CFE methodology, trends and expectations, and preparing our cases, so that our program reflects what you would expect to see on this year’s CFE.
This is a license for a single user.
This program gives you approach strategies and skills development for all three days of the CFE. Click here to view an introduction session specifically for experienced writers.
- CFE Prep online sessions; as well as six live webinars spaced throughout July and August to answer questions and discuss CFE Success Tips
- Pre-course online sessions covering initial skills review (how to update technical, understand role and required, appendix and quantitative analysis skills)
- 14 skill drills to test your technical knowledge in quantitative analysis
- Online depth session specific to your Day 2 role case
- One Densmore original CFE Day 1 case (based on your Capstone 1 case)
- Three Densmore original CFE Day 2 cases
- Nine Densmore original CFE Day 3 cases
- Marking for one CFE Day 2 role case and three CFE Day 3 cases (those written during the main CFE Prep online course) with feedback from experienced markers on approach, writing style and suggestions on how to improve based on your responses
- Hard copy book of scenario flowcharts for commonly tested topics. All other course materials will be distributed electronically.
- Study plans
- Experienced writers’ forum to post questions and get answers from Densmore coaches, and regular postings by Densmore lecturers to help keep you on track
- Densmore prepared marker grids / debriefing guides for the 2015-2019 CFEs
Online users must pick one of three options for writing and submitting the main CFE Prep course practice cases for marking. If you are taking Capstone 2 and starting CFE Prep July 7, the submission dates are July 9, 13, 22 and 25, 2020. If you are not taking Capstone 2, the submission dates are July 25, 26, August 2 and 3, 2020. If you need to start later (July 20 start) and are taking Capstone 2, the submission dates are July 21, 25, August 1 and 11, 2020. Responses must be submitted for each case by these deadlines or the cases will not be marked. If you cannot meet the deadlines for either option, we recommend our online no marking course.
All users have full online access to all sessions until you pass.
Total course fees are $1,379 + tax, due upon registration.
For our refund policy, click here.
Looking for a technical resource? Consider our CPA Competency Map Study Notes.
Already passed CFE Day 1? We offer a discount of $200 + tax. If this applies to you, please register as usual and then send a copy of your CFE results to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will adjust your balance owing by the discount or, refund your credit card if course fees have been paid in full. There will be a half-day lecture during the course directly related to Day 1 that you will not need to participate in.
Unsuccessful on only CFE Day 1? If you’ve taken our CFE Prep course in the prior offering, we will provide you with access to the CFE Prep Day 1 only course at no charge. Email us at email@example.com and include a copy of your CFE results to request registration in our CFE Prep Day 1 only course.
Unsuccessful on CFE and rewriting Days 2 & 3 or all three days? If you’ve taken our CFE Prep course in the prior offering, you have the following options:
1. Request an extension in your online access for the CFE Prep course that you previously registered for, at no charge. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your CFE results to request an extension.
2. Register for our current CFE Prep course, including updated materials and cases, with a discount of 20% + tax. (If you’re only rewriting CFE Days 2 & 3, you’ll receive both the CFE Day 1 discount of $200 + tax as well as the 20% + tax discount.) If this applies to you, please register as usual and then send a copy of your CFE results to us at email@example.com. We will adjust your balance owing by the discount or, refund your credit card if course fees have been paid in full.
The program also includes practice cases for the pre-course period to refresh case-writing skills as well as practice cases to help you complete the recommended study plan after the course. All practice cases include full marking guides, marker grids, and online walkthroughs to show you writing examples and the recommended approach. The four practice cases written as part of the CFE Prep course will be marked.
Marking guides and marker grids for Experienced Writer pre-course practice cases.