Vancouver, Halifax, Waterloo - July 8-12, 2020
Calgary, Toronto - July 11-15, 2020
Edmonton, Ottawa, Vancouver - July 22-26, 2020
Toronto Weekend - July 25-26 and August 1-3, 2020
Toronto - July 30-August 3, 2020
Cases used as part of the CFE Prep course must be written and submitted for marking no later than the following dates.
First Time Writers:
Option FT1 - July 13, 16, 25, August 1, 2020 - We recommend this option for candidates taking Capstone 2.
Option FT2 - July 25, 26, August 1, 3, 2020 - We recommend this option for candidates who are off work during Capstone 2 or are not taking Capstone 2.
Option EW1 - July 18, 19, 25, 26, 2020
Option EW2 - August 3, 8, 9, 15, 2020
If you cannot meet these deadlines, we recommend our CFE Prep Online - No Marking course.
Writing Day 1 Only?
Consider our CFE Day 1 Only online course, found here.
CFE Prep is a program tailored for experienced CFE writers (candidates who have written the CFE in a prior year) that encompasses the components we believe you need to pass the CFE. It includes five days of online case-based training (you will pick your online timeslot for writing and submitting the cases for marking when you checkout) and supplemental online sessions to be viewed prior to the course.
The program also includes practice cases for the pre-course period to refresh case-writing skills as well as practice cases to help you complete the recommended study plan after the course. All practice cases include full marking guides, marker grids, and online walkthroughs to show you writing examples and the recommended approach. The four practice cases written during the main CFE Prep course will be marked.
At Densmore, we consider the quality of our cases and marking to be our key strength. We invest hundreds of hours each year in understanding the CFE methodology, trends and expectations, and preparing our cases, so that our program reflects what you would expect to see on this year’s CFE.
This is a license for a single user.
This program gives you approach strategies and skills development for all three days of the CFE. Click here to view an introduction session specifically for experienced writers.
- Five days of CFE Prep online sessions
- Pre-course online sessions covering initial skills review (how to update technical, understand role and required, appendix and quantitative analysis skills)
- 14 skill drills to test your technical knowledge in quantitative analysis
- Online depth session specific to your Day 2 role case
- One Densmore original CFE Day 1 case (based on your Capstone 1 case)
- Three Densmore original CFE Day 2 cases
- Nine Densmore original CFE Day 3 cases
- Marking for one CFE Day 2 role case and three CFE Day 3 cases (those written during the main CFE Prep online course) with feedback from experienced markers on approach, writing style and suggestions on how to improve based on your responses
- Hard copy of all course notes, exam booklets and related materials, as well as a hard copy book of scenario flowcharts for commonly tested topics
- Study and technical review plans
- Experienced writers’ forum to post questions and get answers from Densmore coaches, and regular postings by Densmore lecturers to help keep you on track
- Densmore prepared marker grids / debriefing guides for the 2015-2019 CFEs
Online users must pick one of two options for writing and submitting the main CFE Prep course practice cases for marking. EW Option 1 has submission dates of July 18, 19, 25 and 26, 2020. EW Option 2 has submission dates of August 3, 8, 9 and 15, 2020. Responses must be submitted for each case by these deadlines or the cases will not be marked. If you cannot meet the deadlines for either option, we recommend our online no marking course.
All users have full online access to all sessions until you pass. For the difference between the online and onsite courses, click here.
Total course fees are $1,479 + tax. Course fees may be paid in full upon registration, or a deposit of $300 may be made to reserve your spot. Final payment will be required by June 15, 2020.
For our refund policy, click here.
Looking for a technical resource? Consider our CPA Competency Map Study Notes.
Already passed CFE Day 1? We offer a discount of $200 + tax. If this applies to you, please register as usual and then send a copy of your CFE results to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will adjust your balance owing by the discount or, refund your credit card if course fees have been paid in full. There will be a half-day lecture during the course directly related to Day 1 that you will not need to participate in.
Unsuccessful on only CFE Day 1? If you’ve taken our CFE Prep course in the prior offering, we will provide you with access to the CFE Prep Day 1 only course at no charge. Email us at email@example.com and include a copy of your CFE results to request registration in our CFE Prep Day 1 only course.
Unsuccessful on CFE and rewriting Days 2 & 3 or all three days? If you’ve taken our CFE Prep course in the prior offering, you have the following options:
1. Request an extension in your online access for the CFE Prep course that you previously registered for, at no charge. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your CFE results to request an extension.
2. Register for our current CFE Prep course, including updated materials and cases, with a discount of 20% + tax. (If you’re only rewriting CFE Days 2 & 3, you’ll receive both the CFE Day 1 discount of $200 + tax as well as the 20% + tax discount.) If this applies to you, please register as usual and then send a copy of your CFE results to us at email@example.com. We will adjust your balance owing by the discount or, refund your credit card if course fees have been paid in full.