Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation we have moved all of our onsite CFE Prep courses to an online format only for 2020.
Cases used as part of the CFE Prep course must be written and submitted for marking no later than the following dates:
Option 1 - Taking Capstone 2 - July 9, 13, 22 and 25
Option 2 - Not Taking Capstone 2 - July 19 and 26, and August 2 and 3
If you cannot meet these deadlines, we recommend our CFE Prep Online - No Marking course.
Writing Day 1 Only?
Consider our CFE Day 1 Only online course, found here.
CFE Prep is a program for first time CFE writers. It provides excellence in teaching that candidates have consistently rated as the best they have ever experienced. The course consists of online case-based training and supplemental online sessions to be viewed prior to the course to assist you with Capstone 1.
This program gives you approach strategies and skills development for all three days of the CFE. All practice cases include full marking guides, marker grids, and online walkthroughs to show you writing examples and the recommended approach. Practice cases written as part of the course will be marked.
At Densmore, we consider the quality of our cases and marking to be our key strength. We invest hundreds of hours each year in understanding the CFE methodology, trends and expectations, and preparing our cases, so that our program reflects what you would expect to see on this year’s CFE.
This is a license for a single user.
This program gives you approach strategies and skills development for all three days of the CFE.
- CFE Prep online sessions; as well as six live webinars spaced throughout July and August to answer questions and discuss CFE Success Tips
- Pre-course online sessions to help prepare you for Capstone 1
- 14 skill drills to test your technical knowledge in quantitative analysis
- Online depth session specific to your Day 2 role case
- One Densmore original CFE Day 1 case (based on your Capstone 1 case)
- Two Densmore original CFE Day 2 cases
- Six Densmore original CFE Day 3 cases
- Marking for one CFE Day 2 role case and three CFE Day 3 cases (those written and submitted during the main CFE Prep course) with feedback from experienced markers on approach, writing style and suggestions on how to improve based on your responses
- Hard copy book of scenario flowcharts for commonly tested topics. All other course materials will be distributed electronically.
- Study plans
- Candidates’ forum to post questions and get answers from Densmore coaches, and regular postings by Densmore lecturers to help keep you on track
Online users must pick one of two options for writing and submitting the main CFE Prep course practice cases for marking. If you are taking Capstone 2, the submission dates are July 9, 13, 22 and 25, 2020. If you are not taking Capstone 2, the submission dates are July 25, 26, August 2 and 3, 2020. Responses must be submitted for each case by these deadlines or the cases will not be marked. If you cannot meet the deadlines for either option, we recommend our online no marking course.
All users (both online and onsite) have full online access to all sessions until you pass.
Total course fees are $1,379 + tax. Course fees may be paid in full upon registration, or a deposit of $300 may be made to reserve your spot. Final payment will be required by June 15, 2020.
For our refund policy, click here.
Looking for a technical resource? Consider our CPA Competency Map Study Notes.